The Tourism Partnership of Niagara is proud to present “Welcome to Niagara”, a web-based learning program that helps build service pride and love for our destination. We encourage everyone to become a Niagara Ambassador – the sixty (60) minute course is offered at no cost to participants.
Any individual hosting tourists/guests or simply hosting visiting friends and family will learn a little more about our beautiful Niagara and all the events and attractions that make this destination an awe-inspiring, vibrant and fun destination, all year round.
A Niagara Ambassador will have the tools and training to make just an ordinary visit, a truly “extraordinary” experience.
Meet “Steve”, our own tourism professional, who will explain why it is important to be;
Why should you invest your time?
- Happy and satisfied visitors spread the news through their social networks influencing others to make Niagara their next destination.
- Once visitors learn about all the things there are to see and do in Niagara, they may consider extending their stay, which helps grow our economy.
- Visitors who had a great experience will likely repeat their visit.
- The satisfaction of helping a visitor, making their stay more enjoyable, makes your day and your job more enjoyable.
- Knowledgeable, well-trained staff, who have access to all things ‘Niagara’ can help boost business.
- If you are pursuing a service career, you may be more employable with our certification. Some of our key business partners are embracing this new learning and will look for certification as a perquisite for hiring.
The course has been produced by the Ontario Tourism Education Corporation (OTEC) with input and feedback from our Advisory Group of approximately 20 professionals from the area.
The course is web-based and may be taken at work or at home, 24/7. The entire learning process should take no longer than 60 minutes. Learn at your own pace. Stop and start anytime to fit your busy schedule.
The course is designed to be interactive, fun and informative. Once you have successfully completed the course, we will mail your “Niagara Ambassador” certificate directly to you or your supervisor within 5 business days.
We have also included a short survey – we want to hear back from you. Did you enjoy the course? Would you recommend the course to your colleagues? Do you have suggestions to improve the course?
Sign up now to “Welcome to Niagara” and become a proud Niagara Ambassador.